Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I've always wanted a tree house. Now that it's actually sunny and warm, of course i'm cooped up in the library with an essay mountain and 0.00 motivation and my feet itching for my birks and the feeling of pedals underneath them. I just want to lie on a blanket by the water, passing a bottle of wine back and forth. I want to put my hair in a french braid, walk around in shorts, and occasionally step into stores only for the air conditioning. I want to sip on a cold fountain soda, gingerly place it onto a flat part of an upper branch, and climb up the wooden planks to my tree house. I want my bracelets (friendship, hemp, boondoggle, bead) shaking with each inch upward.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
WHAT I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW:
1. Read Sylvia Plath's journals.
2. See this pink dolphin for myself.
3. Put on my birks, get back on my bike.
5. Lie on my back and look at the sky through tree branches.
6. Learn to play the ukulele.
7. Write long letters (and send them!).
9. Apply bug spray, drink Rickard's Pale, listen to crickets, smoosh a golden-brown marshmallow in between two digestive cookies, call it a night, crawl into a tent.
10. Make galaxies with a photocopier and sugar.
TEXT MESSAGES I WOULD EMBROIDER:
1. That's why i dont carry a purse.
2. Come home to me please
3. Do You Know How Much I Love You?
4. You're hot. PS are you at players? Lets party after i am drunk and naked and in need of some Vla.
5. Look, I'm texting you! La la la i am a cute little house hippo, I like eating dust yum yum yum.
6. Vlada, by the light of moon i can only try to put words to paper how i love you so. I shall send you my loveletter tied to the modest leg of a songbird..
7. I cant help it: i miss u
8. if that joke was on the referendum i would vote no to it
9. God doesnt like chili stains
10. There is a dinosaur museum here!
image credit: YOUNG AND LOST CLUB record label